Monday, April 25, 2011

nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

I'm sure this word was on our lips this past week. Whether it be used for the Passover or Easter, whether it be sung or just said, Hallelujah, or Alleluia means "Praise the Lord". I'm sure at some point, I knew this, after all I did graduate from Bible College. But, the meaning seemed to have fallen to the back of my mind, behind the couch in living room of my thoughts. And yet, this word is the focal point of the Christian life. Hallelujah, God has a great redemptive plan! Jesus died for the sins of man! Hallelujah, he rose from the grave victorious over death to bring me new life! Jesus said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

So, where is my joy? Is it in the God of my salvation? In my every day, the mundane, the normal, shouldn't my lips praise with 'Hallelujah'? Not just on the 'special' or 'holy' days, but every day a 'Hallelujah'. I should be overwhelmed with thankful heart and gratefulness. I like how Leonard Cohen said: "And even though it all went wrong, I'll stand before the Lord of Song, With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah" I don't know his spiritual state or what he believes, I only know I want to Praise God, no matter what, in every circumstance.

I hope everyone's Easter was one of Hallelujah.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Trae,

    I am glad you have a blog now. I look forward to seeing more posts.
    God bless!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth. Im glad to be writing again. I am trying for at least a once a week update, that's my goal anyways :)

    ReplyDelete